Default how necessary is a windlass

"Jessica B" wrote in message
trimmed all of Bruce's gibberish

I can't imagine that having a good boat and proceeding at as fast as
possible to avoid bad weather would somehow be more dangerous.

Sorry, but I just don't understand the logic.

You don't understand it because it's ignorance that resides behind Bruce's
misconceptions. It's the old justification those who sail slowcoaches use so
they don't become upset at how they bought the wrong boat that is actually
less safe because it won't get out of its own way. While a fast boat like
mine is safe in a protected harbor a slowcoach like Bruce's will be in the
teeth of a storm and could well founder.

Wilbur Hubbard