Steve

Default How to pack/store spare parts

I just purchased a FoodSaver system (model 420) but I'm not happy with the
bag thickness. I'm considering returning it..

Example: I put 2 lb of dehydrated potatoes in 10 bags. Vacuumed them down
until the machine turned off. The bag was to tight that the potatoe slice
started breaking under the pressure. Next morning all of the bags have leaks
from the sharp edges of those broken slices.

Really no the frault of the bag material, but it I this can punchure the bag
then engine parts could as well..

If I keep the unit, I will wrap my parts in a shop towel, put it in the bag
and then vacuum it out.. Or I might first bag in a heavy ziploc then put it
inside the sealable Food Saver bag.

(the food saver can only seal their nylon or mylar bags. And their largest
bags are 11" across, by what ever length you want.)

Still unsure if it's worth the money.. The 8" model sells for around $70
and the cheapest 11" is close to $200. (depends where you shop.
--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve
s/v Good Intentions