Default Peggy Hall question

"Peggie Hall" wrote in message
I have been reading through all the head options but just got back from

an
extended trip so we may have missed a few recommendations.

We removed an "ancient" head at the end of the season and need to get

going
on a replacement. We own a cruiser docked on Lake Michigan. We plan to

do
some extended cruising in the great lakes this year.

Do you have a suggestion on non-manual replacement?

How long will you typically want to stay out without coming in for fuel,
water, ice, provisions, etc?

Currently, there is no
holding tank in the bilges so we'll need to add one(any suggestions as

size -- we have plenty of bilge space)?

Can't answer that one till I know the answers to the above questions.

We also have pressurized fresh water
available in the head space.

How much fresh water do you carry?

We'll have someone install what we need and our
budget (not including installation costs) is $2k max.

I think you can come in under that, even including installation.

35 foot power. 3-4 people typically on board. Most cruises are 3 days
although we'll be trying a few week long cruises this summer for the first
time. 70+ gallons of fresh water though we're considering an upgrade since
we prefer to anchor out rather than come in to the docks on cruises (most of
the time).

The prev ious owner's logs show that we'd burn through about 70% of our fuel
to get from one end (length) of Lake Michigan to the other so we'd probably
make only one fuel & provision (and pumpout if necessary) stop on most
cruises. We plan to island hop and anchor rather than docking at towns most
of the time. We are, of course, in a no discharge area. We have a spot
that's 21 x 15 for head location.

SO wants a head that's as similar to "home" as possible, especially since
the rotating roster of relatives who come aboard normally have their feet
firmly planted on the ground.

Just as general info, we're new to power boating and spent all of last year
attending classes and taking hands-on piloting lessons from a very
experienced commercial captain. Except for a single 60-mile cruise last year
and a lot of very short trips, this season will be our first to really enjoy
the boat.