rhys

Default Peggy Hall question

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 15:39:25 GMT, Peggie Hall
wrote:

Rick & Linda Bernard wrote:

Ok guys and gals what about lavac heads?

An excellent choice for cruising adult sailors...not the best choice for
"weekend warrior" families with small children and/or a lot of
landlubber guests, or a powerboat.

OK, Peggy, we've discussed Lavacs before, and I appreciate your
thoughts. How about this: stick with the PAR/Jabsco/Raritan stuff for
"light duty" (evenings, weekends, one week cruising sort of thing) and
go Lavac or W-C for liveaboards and blue water cruising of multi-week
duration?

I think what I am asking is what in your opinion is the right tool for
the right job, given that a properly maintained $150 marine head with
a sound installation is fine for "light" use (or so I would guess),
but the stakes are a lot higher when the head on your boat is the only
toilet in a thousand square miles of ocean? G In other words, under
what circumstances would you go for the "better" bog, and why?

Thanks and welcome back. A token of the regard in which you are held
is that half a dozen people attempted to guess your opinions!

R.