Ernie Ernie is offline

Default TRailer wiring harness

On 3/15/2011 6:49 AM, Harryk wrote:
On 3/15/11 2:30 AM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 14:25:41 -0400, wrote:

What are you thinking? A sewn whipping with sail cord or a back
splice? I like the latter.

A back splice is too bulky in many applications and almost always on
large lines. Sewn whipping followed by a hot knife on the end is the
best in my experience. You can get a hot knife adapter for a
soldering gun which works quite well.

I've used this or something similar from other vendors for years on
lines whose ends were sealed with a hot knife.

http://tinyurl.com/4dopf9z

Also used it to mark off 25' lengths on anchor lines.

I used "sewn on" whipping when I used manila rope. The "real" whipping
looks better than the "dip'n'whip," but I'm not so anal that I spend a
lot of time thinking about the ends of lines. If they don't unravel, I'm
happy with them.

What do *YOU* use manila rope for.