JAXAshby

Default Good sewing machine for canvas work, examples? Results?

a walking foot is nicer when you have many thicknesses of cloth. I also find
the walking foot works better on sticky material, such as vinyl.

btw, I bought a Sailrite rather than a Pfaff 130 a.) when I heard a sewing
machine repairman with no axe to grind tell that parts are hard to get for the
130 and that a Singer 107 (older yet machine) was easier to keep running, and
b.) I noticed that the price of a "rebuilt" 40 to 55 years old Pfaff was about
the same as a brand new LSZ-1 Sailrite.

But the Pfaff does not have a walking foot, right? Doesn't that limit
you somewhat? I heard that, for instance, sewing sailcloth is
extremely difficult without walking foot. Is that true?

--Ernst

Cindy Ballreich writes:

The pfaff 130 was made to be used by commercial underwear makers. We have

used
ours to do a lot of sewing in addition to canvas work. It does zigzag and
stright stich. As long as you don't need fancy stiches it is the only

machine
you need.

Canvas underwear! Yow!
:-D