I_am_Tosk I_am_Tosk is offline

Default Japan shaken down and...

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 09:05:40 -0500, BAR wrote:

Those
folks who went down to take pictures and tied up the Coast Guard should
have to pay for the rescue and be charged complicit in the death of
their friend... Dumb asses...

Wow! Do you feel that strongly about people that are hurt in
motorcycle racing accidents? Or boat racing? Rock climbing? Etc.?

People who involve themselves in risky activities assume the risk. When
I was skydiving I knew that each time I made a skydive I could die,
become physical disabled or break a finger nail.

So.... you are on board with this?

IOW, if a skydiving accident had occurred, all participants should be
charged in the death of the unhappy skydiver and forced to pay for
those emergency services called in response to the accident?

The skydivers were participating in a legal, sanctioned, controlled
activity. These "thrill seekers" who caused the Coast Guard to come in
and rescue them, were like Base Jumpers. They were not in control, not
legal, warned to leave, and went against the safety officials request to
not go in. Yes, if someone was killed due to negligence, a prosecutor
should look at charges just like when a base jumper gets hurt and his
accomplices get charged. There was a incident in Florida iirc where a
group of kids did a bungee off a bridge and one broke his back. Several
of the folks who did the jump as well as the bridge support team were
charged with various crimes. I do not know if any were charged directly
with hurting the injured, but in the case of a death while committing
one of those crimes, it may have been different...