Sandy K.

Default Rough weather boating

"Dionysus Feldman" wrote in message
Does anyone have any advice for facing 3+ foot waves in a 24-foot (Sea
Ray 240 SRV -- planing -- ~5000 lb displacement) boat?

How do I know the difference between the jitters and being stupid?

(We want to go across Lake Michigan to Chicago this weekend, and the
weather might be rough.)

Try to hit the waves at a 45 degree angle. Also, slow down - only go as
fast as is comfortable for you and your passengers. You may have to go off
course (ie - not a straight line) to get to your destination. I don't know
the distance you'll be traveling, but be sure you've got more than enough
fuel.

Sandy K.