Waldo Waldo is offline

Default Flying Pig Float Plan

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...
"Waldo" wrote in message
b.com...
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...
Can't really figure out the reason for that 90 degree sharp turn. Duh!
Somebody tell Skippy that he'll arrive more quickly if he angles over to
the inlet. Pretty dumb traveling two legs of a triangle when one leg
will do the job faster and better.

Wilbur Hubbard

Duh! It's called tacking or maybe adjusting your course to accommodate
sea conditions. Easy for you to judge other's seamanship with your keel
firmly planted in the sand for months or years at a time. Eh Captain
Neal. And lest not forget you cannot go out of the transmitter range of
your ankle bracelet.

You know nothing about sailing.

The wind was from the east. It follows, then, that Skippy was reaching
while headed north.

There is a northerly set to the current in the Gulf Stream which would
tend to skew the east wind-driven seas somewhat so they have a slant
towards the south west.

If Skippy had angled towards the inlet instead of squaring it off like a
newbie rube, the Flying Pig would have experienced nice broad-reaching
winds and the fastest point of sail. The seas would have been somewhat on
the starboard quarter - also not an uncomfortable direction under a press
of sail which keeps rolling to a minimum.

Now, run along, you bother me . . . Come back when you become informed.

Wilbur Hubbard

You're wasting your time trying to impress me with your knowledge of the
fine art of sailing.