Harryk Harryk is offline

Default Guess I'm right... as usual!

On 3/3/11 4:23 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 15:56:29 -0500,
wrote:

On 3/3/11 3:26 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 13:54:10 -0500,
wrote:

There's very little worth seeing on either side of I-95 from here to
Florida.

So you judge the whole state by what you can see out the window of
your car from I-95?

People would certainly have a misguided view of Maryland using that
criteria.

We actually liked the area of Georgia around the NC/Tennessee border.
You just have to get past Atlanta. That place still reminds me a lot
of DC and I have lived in both places.

If I am driving from here to Florida, it is to get to Florida, as
quickly as legally possible. We've made that trip at least 20 times and
I can confidently say there is nothing on either side of I-95 worth
seeing. I didn't say there was nothing worth seeing if you went east or
west a distance from I-95.

I have done that ride more times than I can count, some before I-95.
Remember that ugly US 15-17 "shortcut" from 301? (the route 95 takes
now)
One day you should try it going up the Blue Ridge trail and cut over
after you get up around the Va state line. We did that the last time I
went to see my sister and took 4 days. That is a luxury retired people
have. What's your hurry? It is really nice up in the mountains if you
like getting out of your car and walking around.
That was what got us interested in spending some time up in the
Georgia mountains.
It is still not the Rockies or the Tetons tho ;-)

I actually like going south from Waldorf and picking up I-95 just north
of Richmond. I really dislike I-95 from Alexandria to Richmond. We pick
up Route 207 to get to I-95. Same way to Virginia Beach, though I turn
east on 17 at Port Royal. Pretty scenery on that trip much of the way
from Port Royal.