Frogwatch[_2_] Frogwatch[_2_] is offline

Default Mini-AC for boats

On Mar 2, 6:55*pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 15:53:48 -0500, wrote:
A good shade will do
more than what you are talking about. I am not sure how that affects
the "sailing" part tho.

You're on the right track with the shade, and keeping cool is mostly
an issue when anchored or docked. * The combination of good, full
length awnings/shades, a wind scoop or two, and some 12 volt fans down
below will usually get the job done in the Bahamas. *The only time we
run the air conditioning at night is when docked. *Anchored out, we'll
run the generator for an hour at bedtime to charge the batteries, ice
down the fridges, and cool off the boat before turning in.

Maybe I think this is a problem because I spend so much time here in
NW FL where there is no wind in the summer. If there is wind, the
windscoop works very well.