L G[_27_] L G[_27_] is offline

Default Teflon tape and gasoline

wrote:
On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 19:59:01 -0500, L wrote:

Google results show differing opinions. Has anyone used Teflon tape
without success on a fuel line thread?

TIA,
Larry

Yes but only in front of the last filter. In my case there are 2
before you get to the fuel pumps and one more before you get to the
injectors (2 in the motor)
The tape won't be hurt but if you pinch off a piece in the fuel flow
it will cause problems if you don't catch it. That is also why a lot
of "gas" (natural/propane) guys use dope.

I'm not worried about a piece getting into the fuel line. If it
dissolved in the gas will it still be large enough to foul my injectors?