Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Mini-AC for boats

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 15:53:48 -0500, wrote:

A good shade will do
more than what you are talking about. I am not sure how that affects
the "sailing" part tho.

You're on the right track with the shade, and keeping cool is mostly
an issue when anchored or docked. The combination of good, full
length awnings/shades, a wind scoop or two, and some 12 volt fans down
below will usually get the job done in the Bahamas. The only time we
run the air conditioning at night is when docked. Anchored out, we'll
run the generator for an hour at bedtime to charge the batteries, ice
down the fridges, and cool off the boat before turning in.