[email protected] emdeplume@hush.com is offline

Default 7 more captured by pirates..

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 14:07:34 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 10:09:11 -0800,
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 00:46:37 -0500,
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 21:23:24 -0800,
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 22:49:47 -0500,
wrote:

It was a Bush conflict that was responded by 25,000 troops. The
problem was the slow withdrawal. When the Somalia realized we didn't
have enough people there to effectively engage them they attacked.

So because a Republican president decided to invade a country without
an exist plan, and a Democrat president tried to actually draw down
the forces and hand off to NATO, it's the Democrat's fault.

That is the problem with a draw down in an unconquered country.
The people you leave behind increasingly just become targets. That is
why 362 GIs died in Vietnam after the war was "over".
No more died after we simply got the hell out.

So, Reagan screwed up in Lebanon. Then he turned tail and ran.

Is that another false equivalency?
... and yes he did screw up but at least he got out

You're claiming that there is no equivalency between Reagan's screw up
and your claim that Clinton didn't draw down the troops in Somalia
fast enough? Didn't Clinton "get out"? How many died in comparison?

There is a significant difference between sending men into an active
fire fight without adequate support and guys killed while they were
sleeping by a suicide truck bomber.

Yes, but there's not much difference in lack of planning. Reagan
didn't support our troops there and left immediately after. Clinton
didn't support the troops there and left immediately after.

Let's see, Half of the attacks on the US came from the horn of Africa
and we are spending 100% of our effort in Afghanistan, What is wrong
with this picture?
I suppose we can wait for a devastating attack before we do anything.
That does seem to be our habit.

I guess you forgot about 9/11. By your logic, we should have invaded
Yemen.

We should not have invaded anyone.

BTW were you talking about the Cole?

Sure... just let them go. No harm no foul.

Yes, the Cole. Clinton should have gone after OBL.

There you have it.

Except that he wanted to give the Bush administration the ability to
act vs. tying their hands. Read up.