Glen \Wiley\ Wilson

Default Good sewing machine for canvas work, examples? Results?

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 17:02:49 GMT, Cindy Ballreich
wrote:

Glen "Wiley" Wilson wrote:
The standard answer to this question is to try Sailrite

Could these machines (the LSZ-1 for example) be used to sew clothes?

Certainly my Sailmaker could. It's extremely versatile. It's a
slightly modified version of an industrial machine commonly used for
just that. As shipped, it has a heavy presser spring for heavy work,
but the original spring is included. But I don't really know
anything about sewing clothes. I think it would take some adjustment
to make it work well, but those adjustments are all on easily used
controls.

Somewhere on the Sailrite site, maybe under Tech Tips, or some such
heading, there's a breakdown of all their machines and which is best
for given tasks. I seem to recall that there's also one on making a
standard home machine usable for canvas and sails.

Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at worldwidewiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, my NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at http://www.worldwidewiley.com/