True North[_2_] True North[_2_] is offline

Default Boat prices outrageous.

A sports store in a town about 90 miles north of here keeps sending me
promos, after I entered a contest a year ago at the boat show.
This week they sent info on the Legend 15' All Sport at $10,999. + rigging &
taxes. This boat would be ideal for me... with a walk through windshield,
an included camper top and trailer...... but only a 20 hp Mercury 4 stroke
outboard.
I sent an e-mail back asking what the total would be all in if i upgraded to
a 30/35 hp outboard.
By the time they added in shipping, galvanized trailer upgrade, bigger
motor, accessory pkg the boat was up to $16800 + 15% tax... total around
$20K.
I told the guy.. forget it... I'll just order the side console option for
my Yukon and live with that.
Heck... if I didn't mind joining a club, I could get a pretty nice sailboat
for that much dough.