Dick

Default Good sewing machine for canvas work, examples? Results?

Do you guys know of good sewing machines for sailwork, canvas work?
I'm thinking of getting one to make my own sails and canvas work. I would
love to hear from people who have done this and are happy or not with thier

purchase.

I have a PFAFF 130. It works well but not for everyone. It was made in the mid
1940s. You can still get parts except for the tensioner. In the past, I have
seen them for as much as $650, but you can get them for a lot less. I have not
had any trouble with mine in the seven years that I have had it. It can sew 6
to 8 layers of sumbrella with a 110 needle. It can also use the heavy thread
that some machines have trouble with.

Dick