Harryk Harryk is offline

Default Harrys engine service advice.

On 3/1/11 10:06 AM, I_am_Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...

In , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

Sorry, my boat burns diesel. I don't have any problems paying for it.
And I'm not dumb enough to mess with the engines. I keep the engines and
the engine "room" clean, I look for leaks, I check fluid levels, et
cetera. Just about anything beyond that, I call the diesel service company.

Wow this from the person that claimed he took "several mechanical
engineering courses".

Harry has a great strategy for engine service, let someone else do it. I
guess that's ok if you only run your engine three hours a year, but we
do that in a morning here. We have to break them down pretty ofter, and
uh, just like a garage, sometimes we make mistakes...

Indeed, I only let skilled professionals perform serious service on my
boat, car, lawn tractor, et cetera, engines.

After all, why would I want this sort of experience:

"I was chasing a thread on the intake and in a hurry. After I ran a bolt
through I somehow dropped it into the intake and I just don't know. I
did have a chaser, and a small wrench in the hand as I turned away, and
just never noticed the small "test" bolt was not there... I still can't
believe it..."
Scott Ingerfoll, motorcycle mechanic.