posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Califbill Califbill is offline

Default Boating in Canada?

"Waldo" wrote in message
eb.com...

" Tuuk" wrote in message
Hi
Are there any links for the boating exam that aren't all just scams? Links
that would help learn the rules and regulation that my govt in Canada
keeps adding, changing, charging taxes for, etc etc.

With the new taxes on canoes and kayaks the Canadian govt means business
this year on the water. They are mandated to collect so much taxes so I
want to be prepared and have all my licenses and boating exam and fishing
licenses and proper vessel licenses. There are so many new taxes now I am
simply confused. And there will always be one that is forgotten and hence
the ticket.

Looking for an online resource to help me learn what will be in the
canadian boating examination. thanks

Are you serious. Canoes and Kayaks.

Reply:
About time they charged canoes and kayaks. They use the same facilities as
the power boaters use. They can also help pay for those facilities. On
some rivers you have a hard time launching a boat as the kayakers have
decided to load the kayaks at the ramp.