Rich Hampel

Default A question about boat weight and displacement

As much as possible. I have several concerns, all of which are
not relevant to the questions being asked. If I lived in North
Carolina, the vessel would weigh the same as if I lived in North
Dakota.

No it wouldnt !!!!
The MASS would be the same but not necessarily the weight.
Wgt .= mass X gravitational acceleration. Weight is not a constant
value and varies due to local (and varying) gravity values. The
'local' acceleration to do gravity anomalies for each location and
altitude will be different and you need to ascertain what the local
gravity acceleration is. Mass is constant but weight never is.
...... just like displacement values vary with the density of the water.

Thought I'd add to this never ending 'moebius loop' thread. ;-)