Tim Tim is offline

Default Anyone thinking of boating?

On Feb 25, 7:33*am, Harryk wrote:
On 2/25/11 8:21 AM, Tim wrote:

On Feb 25, 7:10 am, *wrote:
I am.

http://tinyurl.com/4djx36n

That's just too far to swim.

Got my "unshrinkwrap" date scheduled, along with an approximate relaunch
date and visit from dealer's mechanic. How far away can April be, anyway?

Too cold here yet. But it's coming . the high to day in my locale is
to be 35, then 60 on Sunday and rain like crazy. but it's coming.
later in mach i hope to have the Marquis done, and ready to go for the
river run. until then, I look at it,and it looks and me, and that's
about it...

I'll admit to only having driven twice this winter to the storage yard
to see how the boat was doing. The shrinkwrapper did a good job. The
boat was immaculate and dry when she was wrapped, so getting underway
should not be time-consuming.

It's in the 50's here now, but it really still is winter. I recall at
least one serious snowstorm in the DC area as late as mid-April.

We've got a better slip at the marina now. Last year, we had a
"temporary" slip because we didn't rent until very late in the season.

I was wondering how the inside moisture is controlled under the shrink
wrap? Is there a provision for some means of insulation? I'd think
that condensation would build on the inside, somewhere.