mmc mmc is offline

Default A problem with deep-sixing pirates....

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 23:44:26 -0500, I_am_Tosk
wrote:

If Obama wanted to, he could stop this overnight...

The problem predates the current administration, no reason to
politicize the discussion.

Not trying to politicize anything, Obama is the one who can stop it
"now". When Bush was in, I had the same feeling, in fact I am sure I
noted it here.

The loss of 4 lives, fellow boaters, is a tragic event - no question
about it.

If you were president how would you rank it on a scale of national
priorities compared to Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, terrorism, Iran,
the economic crisis, the impending food and energy crisis, etc. ??

=======

I would have to weigh the fact that these people put themselves in harms way
for no more reason than recreation. Unless these people have been living in
a cave somewhere they knew the risks and went anyway. Like the hikers
imprisoned by Iran. We are responsible for our actions.
I think the real success by the war on terror was going after the terrorists
money. Doesn't seem the same effort is going into shutting down the pirates.