I_am_Tosk I_am_Tosk is offline

Default A problem with deep-sixing pirates....

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 23:27:14 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

It doesn't make any sense. We know the DOD monitors every inch of the
gulf, they surely must know which mother ship a skiff came from. As to
the "world courts", if you vaporize the mother ship and skiffs, there
will be nothing left for court

Didn't it happen in the Indian Ocean, thousands of square miles?
That's my understanding. There are hundreds if not thousands of
fishing boats out there, all looking a lot alike.

I think we have theater surveillance capability sufficient to plot and
track a lot of vessels. Once the operators get a feel for watching
them I bet they can profile out the mother ships pretty quick and
spend most of the effort watching them.

It certainly can't be much harder than tracking terrorists in the
wilds of Pakistan. These ships can't really hide in a cave and come
out somewhere else.

Exactly. Give me a few weeks with the tapes and "I" could probably tell
you who is in a fishing pattern, and who is in a "surveillance"
pattern. A few bucks to a few local fisherman, and you would know
exactly where the fishing areas are, as opposed to the "staging" areas
too.