Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default A problem with deep-sixing pirates....

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 00:02:13 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 17:43:51 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

is that they are possible going to bring children (future buccaneers)
with them as innocent human shields. Shag a couple boats loaded with
the just and the unjust alike and sooner or later the world court[s]
will hear about it and then condemnation will hit like the swarms of
Egypt.

That is why I like Plume's idea of drones. We seem to think it is OK
to kill a terrorist and everyone else in the building.

Especially when you do it by remote control and there are no TV crews
around to show it live on the 6 o'clock news. :-)

I think it's all a matter of priorities. Four americans go where
they didn't belong, in a boat, and pay the price. Is that a crisis or
just a personal tragedy for the friends and families involved? It's
not happening every day, and it's not happening on our door step.
Most of the pirates around here are running marinas and boat yards.