Default Mandatory Life Jackets.

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 13:26:10 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Stephen Trapani" wrote in message
On 2/19/2011 12:11 PM, Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
This is my prediction: Within ten years states and then the federal
government will mandate the wearing of life jackets on all boats
underway.

And, those of you who post that you wear them as a general practice
when
aboard your boat and that you don't mind doing so only encourage more
infringement by government upon our personal freedoms.

It will be a cold day in hell when I wear a life jacket because it's
mandated by law.

There are certain conditions when I will voluntarily wear one because I
value my own life but it is unacceptable to me to have Big Brother
mandate
such wearing. **** them! Ain't none of their business.

Muddy thinking. What you are advocating is cutting off your nose to
spite
your face. If we feel safer and okay with wearing them all the time
we're
supposed avoid wearing them because of something the government wants?
You
are hoisting yourself on your own petard and being controlled by the
very
Big Brother you are trying to avoid.

Stephen

Good grief! but yours is warped logic. Let's look at it without the
liberal,
big brother indoctrination you so proudly display.

1) If a body feels safer wearing a life jacket then, fine, do so. Suit
yourself! Nobody's going to stop you.

2) But, if a body does not feel safer wearing a life jacket or doesn't
want
to wear one because it's unsightly and uncomfortable or any other reason
then why should THAT individual be ruled by the tyranny of the person who
does and who thinks it's his right to boss everybody else around?

WAKE THE **** UP!!!

That's the problem with liberals vs. conservatives. A liberal wants to
FORCE
his desires on everybody else while a conservative only wishes to be left
alone to take care of himself or not take care of himself as is his wont.
conservative is for individual freedom while a liberal is for tyranny.

You liberals are little Hitlers and you disgust me because you are too
arrogant to see what you're really all about - forcing others to think,
act
and do what you think, in your ignorant arrogance, they should do. You
strut
your jackbooted stuff and seem proud of the fact. Take a hike and leave
the
rest of alone.

Wilbur Hubbard

I must say, I for one agree with you in main.

Thank you.