Stephen Trapani Stephen Trapani is offline

Default Mandatory Life Jackets.

On 2/19/2011 12:11 PM, Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
This is my prediction: Within ten years states and then the federal
government will mandate the wearing of life jackets on all boats underway.

And, those of you who post that you wear them as a general practice when
aboard your boat and that you don't mind doing so only encourage more
infringement by government upon our personal freedoms.

It will be a cold day in hell when I wear a life jacket because it's
mandated by law.

There are certain conditions when I will voluntarily wear one because I
value my own life but it is unacceptable to me to have Big Brother mandate
such wearing. **** them! Ain't none of their business.

Muddy thinking. What you are advocating is cutting off your nose to
spite your face. If we feel safer and okay with wearing them all the
time we're supposed avoid wearing them because of something the
government wants? You are hoisting yourself on your own petard and being
controlled by the very Big Brother you are trying to avoid.

Stephen