Default PFDs

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Feb 2011 12:33:53 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

How about people just learn how to SWIM???? If you can't swim then stay
off
the water.

People run out of energy very quickly in water less than 85 degrees
F., and if you can't deploy the swim ladder, where are you going to
swim to? A lot of people have drowned trying to swim to shore in
cases where they'd have been just fine holding onto the boat.

All you have to do is be able to swim long enough for the boat to come back
and retrieve you. If you're single-handing and the boat is on autopilot that
will be somewhat of a problem but otherwise your absence will soon be
noticed and the crew should come looking for you. But, the main thing is
just don't fall off the boat. Is that so hard to understand? Seriously,
falling off the boat probably indicates you are so stupid that perhaps your
genes don't really need to be passed on anyhow.

I ride a bicycle and rather than wearing some sort of inflatable rubber suit
that would inflated quickly when I was falling so I bounced and did not hurt
myself I would rather just NOT FALL. I work very hard just not falling
precisely because it really hurts to fall. If people realized that they
might well die if they fell off their boats then perhaps they wouldn't fall
off.

Wilbur Hubbard