[email protected] emdeplume@hush.com is offline

Default Winning elections is not good enough

On Sun, 20 Feb 2011 11:28:33 -0700, Canuck57
wrote:

On 18/02/2011 2:29 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 16:10:48 -0500,
wrote:

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:11:29 -0800,
wrote:

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 12:26:17 -0500,
wrote:

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:00:23 -0800, wrote:

You think using a majority to supress the people and
votes of the opposition is fair play?

Oh like the 111th congress? You folks said the republicans should suck
it up and go along. When they didn't you said they were
obstructionists.
Aren't the Wisconsin democrats shutting down the government?
Where is your outrage?
I wonder what their constitution says about legislators who abandon
their jobs? Perhaps the governor can simply replace them. In real
life, I imagine all they have to do is walk through and spit in the
lobby to demonstrate that they are still working.

We are going to be entering uncharted territory though. Nobody really
knows what happens when a state files for bankruptcy. How do they
discharge their debts when they don't have the money and they can't
just print it like the federal government does. Will they try to print
some kind of scrip and see if people would take it? Are they just
going to tell their debtors to sue them?

We better get used to questions like this because the whole country
has a "Greece" moment coming. I doubt our protests will be as peaceful
as Egypt or even Greece. It might be more like Warsaw 1944 except the
populace is better armed. ;-)

There's no "Greece" or Egypt "moment" coming. That's a paranoid
fantasy.

I guess you were absent the day they taught arithmetic.

Why don't you find something a little more biting if you're trying to
insult me.

Are you denying the deficit is a problem and that the entitlements are
unsustainable?

Never denied it. What I'm denying is that it's a short-term problem.
It's a long-term problem. Obama's recent budget addressed it in the
long term to the tune of $1.1 T (some things I don't agree with, but
that's another story). Of course Sen. Sessions said it didn't go deep
enough, but of course he proposed nearly the exact same deficit
reduction amount a short while ago.

That is what brought down the Greek economy

We are not Greece... I know that's an incredible statement for some
people...

They said GM was too big to fail. Here is a hint, that was hogwash. US
is NOT too big to fail, and in fact is going through that right now.
Too big to fail instantly, yes, too big to fail - nope.

Sure... throw people out on the street... that's the right-wing
solution to the economy!

Smart money is leaving the US. Look at the stocks, those with foreign
content are doing better than pure domestic plays. Even Warrent Buffet
knows this.

You're not smart. You left. Therefore, the dumb people are leaving.

Obama is a debt monger, debt worshiper. And there is no known route to
wealth through excessive unmanageable debt. Iceland tried the very
policy Obama is trying, it failed miserably. Iceland tried this before
too, in 1974 they had 43% inflation. Today, they have high
unemployment, stagnant economy and basic minimum wages.

Look at Japans lost decades.

Look at the racist/birthers... like yourself.

UK devalued the pound by 30% once, took the economy more than a decade
to recover.

Fact remains, and no liberalism will ever override reality.... you can't
debt-spend your way out of a debt problem.

In Debt We Trust -- Obama.

That spells economic doom. Might take decades, might take days, but be
sure the future in debt is not bright.

Never invest in a chronic debtor, you lose money that way.

Never could a black man do a good job, apparently.