Frogwatch[_2_] Frogwatch[_2_] is offline

Default PFDs

On Feb 19, 6:40*pm, CaveLamb wrote:
Bruce wrote:
On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 08:37:48 -0600, CaveLamb
wrote:

I just recently bought a couple of inflatable PFDs.

One of the standing orders on my boat is that if you
are on deck and out of the cockpit you must wear your
float.

But I'm curious about what the rest of you think.
Do you wear them or not?

I don't wear them, nor know anyone who wears them in normal
conditions, but it IS still is a good idea.

Cheers,

Bruce

At least over here, it could be seen as a responsibility thing.
If someone went over the rail without a PFD and died, heirs might
start a legal witch hunt. *But if you (the person responsible for
the safety of everyone aboard) DO require them and the above happens
I think you'd have a better stance in court.

Sux, maybe, that such is a consideration. *But it is.

--

Richard Lamb
email me:

I swim very well and I sail in warm waters. However, I ALWAYS wear my
auto-inflate jacket with auto lite and locater beacon. I have a lot
to live for.
My policy is that anybody who is not confident of their swimming
(including anybody under 16) wears a jacket at all times.
At night, everybody (outside) wears theirs and gets tethered to an eye
bolt.
In bad weather, everybody wears one.
Below, they may be removed.