Default PFDs

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 08:37:48 -0600, CaveLamb
wrote:

I just recently bought a couple of inflatable PFDs.

One of the standing orders on my boat is that if you
are on deck and out of the cockpit you must wear your
float.

But I'm curious about what the rest of you think.
Do you wear them or not?

I don't wear them, nor know anyone who wears them in normal
conditions, but it IS still a good idea.

No, it's NOT a good idea, it's a stupid idea. If you can't keep from falling
off your boat in normal conditions then you don't belong there in the first
place. And, if conditions are so bad that there is a good chance you'll be
knocked or washed overboard then use a harness and jack lines to keep from
going overboard if you need to be outside. Otherwise, stay inside.

Wilbur Hubbard