Bill Kiene

Default EFI v.s. NON-EFI OUTBOARD ENGINES

Hi DB,

It would really depend on the condition and price of this used boat and then
how much fuel you will actually be running through it.

I did not see where the new highly efficient 2 strokes were under 150hp yet
but I just looked at a few web sites.

The 115HP FI 4 strokes @ ~400# ~$10,000US (Yamaha, Suzuki/OMC, Mercury)
are pretty popular in that size range and get better fuel economy than
carbureted 2 strokes.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

"djb" wrote in message
.. .

Hello all......I need help, the boat I am going to buy has a 1997 Evinrude
115 h.p., non EFI outboard engine on it.
The boat and engine are lovely and I wanna buy and keep this boat for

many
years.
Should I wait t'till I can afford a boat w/ a EFI engine or buy the thing
and pay the little more for the gas that I am going to consume since it's
old-tech engine.
I need help, what are the big difference between EFI and NON-EFI
engines?????
Please help!!
DB