Doug Dotson

Default A question about boat weight and displacement

Just give the DOT a call. They can tell you the bottom line instantly.
10'6" is definately wide for towing, but I don't think it is wider than
a standard tractor-trailer. Non of this has anything to do with
weight and displacement though.

Doug
s/v Callista

wrote in message
On 1 Apr 2004 01:27:50 -0000, Ante Topic Mimara
] wrote:

I am having trouble attempting to determine the weight of a
boat, with limited information about it.

[snip]

Here is the information I have on this vessel:

Hull Material: Wood
LOA: 28'
Beam: 10'-6"
Displacement: 6,075 lbs
Draft: 2'-2"

With a beam of 10' 6" won't you will be towing an oversize load which will
require a special permit and special arrangments each time that you tow

this
boat only during daylight hours?