Default Cannibal

"CaveLamb" wrote in message
m...

Try my boat...
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~capri26

IMPRESSIVE AND A WELCOME SIGHT . . .

That is indeed, a well-kept little yacht. Pride of ownership in apparent. I
particularly like the way you mounted the instruments so they swing out to
be viewed from the cockpit. The name and graphics are very fetching. The
exterior brightwork is outstanding. The cleanliness is superb. The
organization is well above average. Cabin-top traveler is practical and
functional.

Things I don't like a

1) excessive beam for the LWL (must have a very choppy ride and a bit slow
to weather)

2) some of the more valuable space in the boat taken up with the head (I'd
gut it and make a library/chart table/storage out of it. A porta-potti is
legal for that size boat and bathing can be done in the cockpit. Why
allocate some of the most valuable space in a boat to a place one only uses
once or twice a day?)

3) no mast steps (it shouldn't take a committee to ascent to the masthead)

4) inadequate/poorly placed anchor cleats (actually they are dock line
cleats)

5) useless roll-up headsail (no reason for roll-ups on a 26-footer)

6) that household faucet/electric pump is just plain out of place in a small
yacht. You should toss it overboard and install reliable hand pumps. Lose
the pressure water system.

7) that one photo with the powerhead almost under water indicates that you
need a motor with a longer shaft mounted higher on the transom.

8) vang is upside-down. It would be better to have the line along the deck
instead of hanging from above where it is more likely to tangle or snag.

9) oversized self-tailing winch is strictly for show and totally unnecessary
for small sails.

10) you'd better actually measure the length of your mast. A forty-foot mast
on a 26-foot boat is not even believable. Try about 30-feet and you'd be
closer to the mark.

But, I suppose I need to view your fine little yacht more in light of her
purpose which seems to be week-end cruises on a lake. I suppose many of the
items mentioned above can be forgiven for a little yacht in that venue. The
dislikes are more a criticism of the yacht were she a coastal cruiser or
occasional ocean-voyaging vessel like mine.

Wilbur Hubbard