Ante Topic Mimara

Default A question about boat weight and displacement

I am having trouble attempting to determine the weight of a
boat, with limited information about it. The purpose of this
inquiry is to reach a definitive answer to whether or not a
vessel is trailerable, and if so, what sort of vehicle will
be needed to tow it.

I am hoping to be able to reach an educated guess about the
general weight of the vessel, with limited information and
knowledge about the boat. I am not attempting to make any
determination of any specific weight, just a ball-park guess.

Here is the information I have on this vessel:

Hull Material: Wood
LOA: 28'
Beam: 10'-6"
Displacement: 6,075 lbs
Draft: 2'-2"

Is it possible to determine how much this vessel weighs from
this sort of information? If not, what other information would
I need to determine the weight of this vessel, and then to add
in gear, trailer, etc. to determine what vehicle I would need
with which to pull it?

One other question: How does one go about obtaining a trailer
for a boat that does not have one?

Thank you.

---
-
A. Topic Mimara
Unique in the World! You will appreciate!
---

-=-
This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services.