cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Cannibal

Jessica B wrote:
snipped

And handy for a 2 point snag.
It (the aluminum hook) hangs on a bracket on the stern rail where I can
drop it quickly if the need should arise.

Stern? Isn't that inconvenient when you need it on the front? Then,
you have to bring it up there and attach it?

The cockpit is aft.
That's were I play most of the time.

Our marina is very tight in places.
Loss of power, or whatever, might necessitate a quick stop.
Hence the stern anchor.
It takes ten seconds to deploy.

Question back atcha...
Why do you have to anchor off the bow?
We get a better breeze stern-to.

But the steel anchor is my "best bower".

Why not have two different kinds on the bow? And one lighter than the
other. Seems like it would give you more flexibility and satisfy your
notion that women can't lift heavy objects. :-)

--

Richard Lamb
email me: