Mark Borgerson Mark Borgerson is offline

Default PING Larry

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 07:20:55 -0800, Mark Borgerson
wrote:

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 22:26:29 +0800, Hoges in WA
wrote:

Hoges in WA (soon to be Hoges in Fla!!)

The weather in Fla is a *lot* better than the weather in WA, although
WA certainly has some great scenery. Let me know if you get to the Ft
Myers area in SWFL.

LOL! I think you're mixing up weather and climate. The heaviest
rain I ever got drenched by was during a thunderstorm in Tampa Bay.
Then there's those weather systems with names!

At least in Washington, the rain only comes down at inch-per-day
rates, not inch-per hour rates. (of course, it may rain for
5 to 10 days straight.)

I have a few neighbors who moved here from Seattle. None of them are
in a hurry to go back. I'd certainly like the opportunity to do some
serious cruising out there however. We spent several days in the San
Juan Islands two years followed by some time in Alaska, all very
impressive.

Well, you can, and sometimes must, run from the hurricanes. There's no
avoiding the rain in the winter in the Northwest. That's why we have
a 4-5 month boating season and the Floridians worry about sunscreen
all year.

Mark Borgerson