engsol

Default Manual marine head

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:47:23 GMT, Peggie Hall wrote:

good stuff sniped

Peggie, I have a question, kinda related to this thread. I think I've
read/understood that a well "aired" holding tank is the best way
to reduce oders. So, being an engineer, I'm wondering if a two
hose holding tank vent arrangement...one "inlet" and one "outlet",
might work.
The forward hose leads to the bow, the aft hose leads to the
stern. The theory is that there would be constant airflow into,
(and out of) the holding tank. assuming the vents at each end
encouraged such flow.

Is this a stupid idea? If so, please don't tell the others in the
rec.boats.cruising newsgroup....
Norm B