jps jps is offline

Default Ban All Knives

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 20:31:29 -0500, Outrigger wrote:

On 2/12/2011 4:06 PM, bpuharic wrote:
On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 14:41:24 -0500, Gene
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 10:58:25 -0800, wrote:

You paint it as all or nothing. It's not. There's something called
common sense, to which you claim to be a subscriber.

How about trying to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally insane
for starters? Does that encroach on your freedom to bear arms?

I'm perfectly OK with keeping ANY sort of weapon out of the hands of
the insane, even pencils and door keys.

So, the Federal Gun Control Act of 1968 prohibits the possession of
firearms by the mentally ill. How's that law working for you?

not too well since the NRA gutted it and allowed the insane AND people
on the terrorist watch list to have guns

Oh, I know.... we could use the South African competency laws as a
model.... oh, heck.... but their rate of gun murders is about 4 times
what it is here!

i love it when the right compares teh US to a 3rd world country.

You're probably on one list or another.

I smell an asshole! Plonk!