Shen44

Default Thrust vectoring

Subject: Thrust vectoring
From: Jere Lull

I don't doubt that this is true for your boat (since you've observed it) but,
I'd bet it's not universal and would depend on the boat, set-up, and
conditions.
Why it occurs, would take someone familiar with boat props, and I would wonder
if it had anything to do with the fact that the prop might be working more
efficiently when starting at slower RPM's than at higher, especially if the
boat is DIW.
Another observation along the same lines .... I'm more apt to see the effects
of prop walk when going ahead, if boat speed is low.

Shen

Something that I've noticed, though I'm not sure if it's universal or
even really true: When I punch it, the prop walk seems to be minor. When
I want maximum prop walk, idle speed is the way to go. It could be just
that the duration is so much shorter, or that the higher thrust
straightens things out.