Peggie Hall

Default Manual marine head

Jere Lull wrote:
I am in a process of refitting my head/shower area on my sailboat.
I want to change head for something reliable,manual,not terribly
expensive.I'm thinking of Raritan's Cricket...

We got one a few years back and like it, but it is a bit different than
the Compact it replaced and the Pars we've used on other boats.

Yep...instead of the piston/cylinder pump sitting beside the bowl, the
Cricket has a diaphragm pump located directly below the bowl...no moving
parts.

If we
had a lot of guests, I think I'd prefer the PH or Compact, but for the
two of us, the Cricket has definite advantages. Check the cost of a
rebuild kit.

It's not really a rebuild kit, it's a whole new pump except for the
housing. Unlike piston/cylinder pumps, the Cricket doesn't have any
seals, o-rings, gaskets etc--the parts in the usual "rebuild kit"...so
it doesn't require "rebuilding" in the usual sense. In fact, it doesn't
even need lubrication. A kit is needed only as often as any other toilet
would need a whole new pump assembly. So the price for it should really
be compared to the prices of a new pump assemblies for other toilets,
not rebuild kits.
--
Peggie