martha lynn

Default bimini top selection - help!

I have an 18' Chaparral ski boat and love it but want a bimini top before
next season. I was looking at Overton's (they have a lot to choose from).
For my boat's width (75"), these are my choices:

- 6' length, 3-bow, 36" to 30" height
- 6' length, 3-bow, 46" to 40" height
- 8' length, 4-bow, 35" height
- 8' length, 4-bow, 54" to 48" height

The top of the gunwale (where the top would mount) is 30" above the floor.
I would like to be able to walk under the top without ducking my head (I'm
5-9), but I don't want it to be so tall it looks rediculous, and I also
don't want it to act like a parachute when I'm going 40 mph. I'd like 8'
because I want to maximize shade (the reason I'm getting the darn thing).

So... questions for any of you kind enough to reply:

1. Does height/length have any effect on safe running speed?
2. 3-bow vs 4-bow - any difference other than looks?
3. Why don't they make 8' length in the 40-46 height range? Know anybody
who sells some like this?
4. If I could find one somewhere (or have one made), would an 8' long, 40"
high bimini look odd (huge and high) on an 18' ski boat?
5. I assume Sunbrella is preferable to vinyl?

Thanks in advance for *any* advice based on your experiences!!

Martha