Jessica B Jessica B is offline

Default Cannibal

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:55:23 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:13:47 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
snipped a bunch

Ok. You definitely need to STOP telling me about all this stuff!! I am
NOT interested in burning up, drowning, getting eaten by sharks,
getting stung by yellow jackets, etc., etc....

Timid little soul! Where's your yearning for a little excitement? ;-)

Alive and well and totally uninterested in being anywhere near a
disaster. :-)

And you're afraid of snakes falling from the sky? LOL!

Seems tame by comparison! :-)'

Yup, it's all a matter of perspective.

So, do you travel much? Do you have family in your area or do you go
somewhere for holidays? Do you ever get out this way? We only have a
few earthquakes a year that you can actually feel...

I don't travel much anymore except in my boat. I've never been to California
except when I worked for Suzuki. They had offices in Brea but that has been
25 years or so ago, now. As close as I got on vacation was Utah, Nevada,
Arizona - took a long motorcycle ride, camped out, etc. I even saw that big
Meteor Crater and Carlsbad Caverns.

Earthquakes, I don't think would bother me unless buildings started to
tumble down or some such. Tsunamis could be a problem though. I'd rather
live in hurricane country - at least you get plenty of warning.

Brothers and sister are scattered all across the country and I don't visit
them much or at all any more. Parents are deceased. Too bad California is so
hard to get to by boat. I don't have any desire to try to do the Panama
Canal route. And Cape Horn is way too far and dangerous.

Brea? That's not far from here... We're expecting the big one any day.
I don't know if things will fall down or not. I suppose. Oh well...
Carpe Diem I guess. Don't know about tsunamis... There must be some
warning I suppose for that.

I'd love to visit the Canal. It's supposed to be one of the wonders of
the world.