Jessica B Jessica B is offline

Default Cannibal

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:01:47 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
snip

Wimp! LOL! You haven't seen winds until you've ridden in the Keys. The
wind is blowing more often than not. Often times it's 15-30mph out of the
North East - just brutal on the long ride back. Fun and fast on the way
down. One time we did 30 miles with a strong tailwind in just over an
hour.

I'm willing to struggle for a while, but at some point I wimp out. :-)

When it gets to be so much work that it becomes a drag then I don't blame
you.

Beer is better after a hot afternoon sailing than hard liqour because it
doesn't have very much alcohol. Doesn't go to your head so fast. A couple
cold bottles after an afternoon's sail once the boat is anchored and
squared
away with maybe a little something cooking on the barbeque is just so
enjoyable.

Hey, I'm a light-weight! One beer every two hours (max two) is about
all I can take!

Well, I suppose you don't weigh very much at 5'5" and in great shape so your
blood/alcohol level probably rises way faster than mine at 170 pounds. Your
metabolism is probably running faster than mine, as well. I generally start
getting a bit buzzed after about four beers.

No and I'm not saying either. With four beers I would be in a coma.

I have to give at least six months notice if I take a vacation. :-(

Wow, your services must be greatly in demand.

We don't have a lot of staff. Someone was sick today, and we had a
backlog. That's why I got home so late.

Do you get time and a half for overtime or comp days, at least?

Right. No extra pay. If I work 8 or more extra hours in a week, then I
get a 1/2 day comp. BIG F*CKING DEAL.

But, the good news is that I have four weeks accrued.

And, six months from now you'll probably have five weeks accrued. :-)

Yup!

I don't like lightening at all either... forget that sh*t!

I don't mind humidity... just doesn't bother me that much.

Me neither. I kinda like hot and humid weather. It makes me lose my
appetite
and it's easier to sweat off a few pounds because of it. Thinner is
definitely better in hot and humid weather.

I feel sorry for tubs of lard in hot weather. Of course, they have an
advantage in the snow. :-)

Or during a famine! LOL!