Steve

Default Fixed docks was slip or mooring costs

In the older marinas with wooden floating dock, Pac. NW, they don't have
cleats on the dock. They have 4"X4" along the edge of the slip fingers,
called "toe rails". So a looped end or large eye wouldn't helped the dock
person. For a quick tie up the bitter end of the line must be passed under
the 'toe rail' and tied off to the standing part or with an some form of
figure 8 where the support blocks are.

However, no one ever seems to do this correctly and the line length, boat
position is seldom correct the first time, so I just let them tie or off
with a round turn, enough to hold the boat into the dock and do the final
adjusment myself.

Since this type of dock is regional, I won't get into the correct and proper
method to tie off to these "toe rails".

Steve
s/v Good Intentions