Brian Whatcott

Default push vs pull vis a vis rudders

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 00:35:03 GMT, "Derek Rowell"

That's not how we do business in science and engineering. We calmly look
at a situation, make hypotheses and conjectures and then think of a set of
experiments to disprove or prove our ideas. We invite others to disprove
our theories, and rejoice when they do, because we learn something.

From: "Derek Rowell"

Derek,
In hopes you didn't give up on this list altogether, here's a little
puzzle you might enjoy. There is a demonstration of the Feynman
sprinkler puzzle somewhere at MIT.

What simple modification could you easily introduce to the nozzle in
order to demonstrate a force due to suction as well as that due to
pressure? Perhaps I could hint that it would augment the force? :-)

Brian W