Brian D

Default When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!! ____ UGYAiMGRr

No, I didn't vote for 'it'. Not unless some politician was mis-representing
his/herself. However, you make a lot of good points and illustrate how
screwed up things have become ...maybe hopelessly so. As a professional who
has on many occasions worked directly to 'offshore' the work that we all
wish was here (you have to do what you are told), I got the impression that
the primary reasons were taxes/cost on product produced, not so much the
labor cost differences. At least in the world of high volume manufacturing,
that's the way it was. Now I'm in a part of the company that requires lower
volume manufacturing, much of it 'manual automation' (uh huh), and there was
never any consideration for having it in the United States. Personally, I'd
rather live through a recession/depression and start over. Don't export
unless they buy more than they sell. Why can some nutless country operate
with a trade deficit that works against the US and we don't turn it around?
Don't import unless there are enough duties on the goods to make them as
expensive as similar products in the US. F*&# the middle east and produce
our own oil. We'd have to drill some additional known areas ...but how low
do you think they'd drop the price if they knew they had to? Remember? WE
use the majority of the oil ...why are we being man-handled by *them*? When
is the big gorilla going to look in the mirror and realize it's strength?
Want to see willing workers to 'displace' the illegal immigrants? Kill
welfare. Done. Lots of willing workers. Go back to the idea of poor farms
....don't like hoeing beets and living in bunk beds with 49 other people at a
time? Get a job.

Protectionist? Too bad. We consume the most and have the most leverage.
They can play strong arm games for a little while, but they'll eventually
figure out who the big boys are.

Brian

"taxpayer" wrote in message
You voted for it and you got it. If you didn't vote for George 43, you
probably did vote for one of the senators that is keeping him for
getting the federal courts back to required staffing. The senate has
even prevented judicial nominees that slick Willie proposed from even
getting to a vote.

Illegals get to stay in this country because it costs us a small fortune
in legal fees to get anybody deported, even if the officers just watched
him swim the Rio Grand.

More will keep coming in unless we pay a lot more in taxes or give up
some of the social programs that this welfare state we live is addicted
to. The border patrol officer have to all go back to the station at
shift change because they are not funded well enough to have vehicles
that can relieve on station. Their budget did not increase with
everything else for most of the last decade.

The only tax break given to companies that "offshore" product is the
relief they get from not having to deal with multilayer taxes (taxes
paid on other taxes) and incredible state bureaucracies.

You can't Excise tax an import only, but you can impost a duty or import
tax. But, any the US does this the WTO rules it as "exclusionary" or
"protectionist" and authorizes duties on US goods (usually farm
products) that far exceed the value of the duty. This even occurs when
a product is produced by a state-owner or subsidized company.

If you are going to live in this country much longer, you better learn
to love speaking Spanish. The USA does not have any law, code or rules
that determine a national language. That is why ballots for all
elections (including federal) and driver's examinations have to be
available any language. Pubic schools can must provide instruction in
the student's families' language of choice. You can not say native
language, because many are third or forth generation citizens.

As a country - we will be torn apart by the “acceptance of cultural
diversity” that many think is so valuable. This country has stopped
trying to be the melting pot that made us the power we once were and is
set to be come a crazy quilt where everyone of free from any chance of
being offended by anything.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Democracy will last until the populace discover that they can vote
themselves emoluments from the public treasury. - Thomas Macaulay
Brian D wrote:

When our government QUITs letting illegal people remain here and QUITs
letting more in, and QUITs giving tax breaks to corporations moving
operations overseas and STARTs imposing high excise taxes on import

....THEN
you'll see American speaking English and working American jobs. There

is no
good political party anymore ...was there ever?

Brian

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
news_D9c.1662$9g.314@lakeread04...

Larry W4CSC wrote:

I've had to learn two new languages, here in Charleston,
SC.....Spanish, so I can communicate on the street....and Hindi so I
can communicate on the phone.

The thing is Larry, all the rest of us have to learn a new language just
to go to Charleston. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com