Shen44

Default Thrust vectoring

Subject: Thrust vectoring
From: (JAXAshby)
Date: 03/28/2004 15:17 Pacific Standard Time
I attribute it to the pitch of the blades pulling to a greater
degree on the "down stroke" side of the revolution, than the "upstroke side"

This is only true -- for a fixed blade prop -- when the shaft is angled AND
the
boat is moving.

Wrong on every point. Spout all the scientific crap you want .... can be fixed
or variable pitch, horizontal or angled, moving or at the initial start before
moving. .... what's most important is what the boat handler can see or feel.

A variable pitch prop will generally cause walk even at so called zero
pitch(the degree may vary, but it will still be a factor you need to address);
a boat with a horizontal shaft will have prop walk, just like one with an
angled shaft (the degree may vary, but it will still be a factor you have to
address); immediately upon turning the prop, before you get sternway, you will
get "propwalk"(the degree may vary, but it will still be a factor you will have
to address).
Fer cripes sake, Jax, take some courses, get some experience .....hell, I'll
give you a bargain basement rate .... $800/hr.

Shen