Jessica B Jessica B is offline

Default I sailed this weekend, did any of you pretenders sail?

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 09:43:06 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Jessica B" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 14:01:36 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

snippage

85 degrees on the outside thermometer as I type this. 78 degrees in the
accommodation.

Wow... that seems like perfect weather. No so hot that you're
sweltering..

You got that right. It's forecast to be in this range until about the end of
next week. I got some painting done on the boat yesterday. Port side. I've
got to do more in the next week or so if the wind doesn't get too strong.
The blue above the rub rail needed to be renewed and darkened. The last time
I painted it the paint was a little too light a blue for my liking and when
it faded it almost looked pastel. Not a very manly color for a fine sailing
yacht. Also the cove stripe was quite faded and chipped in places so that's
got to be done as well. The port side looks great now and I'm preparing the
starboard side (sanding and cleaning) getting it ready to taping and
painting. A sailor's job is never done.

I wondered... didn't see you reply to anything yesterday. Thought I
probably scared you off!

Rub rail? Does that rub up against docks? I've never heard that term.
Also cove stripe? Cove is like an inlet, but what's a cove stripe?

You sound very handy and fastidious with the upkeep.

I'll have to take some photos when I get done and post links just to make
Bruce, Bob, Joe and the like jealous as hell. They gave me all sorts of
grief about the color of my cushions in the accommodation and they are the
perfect color - mauve. It's a warm and relaxing color that goes well with
the off-white gel coat and brown teak.

I would LOVE to see some pictures... hopefully you'll include one or
three of yourself? (I hope you're not too shy... I'm not being pushy,
just curious.)

What did they want to see... black or red? Yuck. Mellow colors help
you relax. What's wrong with that? Teak sounds nice.. also a very warm
tone I bet.

Wilbur Hubbard