JimB

Default Pilot houses for ocean cruising?

rhys wrote in message
Starting a new thread because "Best bluewater 34 footer" is

getting
insanely off-topic:

Frank Maier said:

Another of my prejudices is that I don't wanna have a

pilothouse out
on the deep blue; so, I'd be looking for a non-pilothouse

version.

Why is that? Me, I've always thought the advantages of a

pilothouse,
or at least a hard dodger/bimini, were substantial if it was
well-integrated into the rest of the deck and the controls were
logical. I like the idea of hard points for rails, handgrips,

places
to lash the boom, etc. That doesn't necessarily mean a pilot

house,
but it does mean more than the typical enclosed bimini/dodger

on light
steel tubing.

There is, of course, the half way house - the Deck Saloon.
Oysters use this solution. So many of them have rounded the globe
it's getting embarrassing. There's a pic on my FS site;

http://homepage.ntlworld/jim.baersel...cification.htm

JimB