Default I sailed this weekend, did any of you pretenders sail?

"Jessica B" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 13:55:39 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

snip

I never get seasick. I guess I'm just so used to the motion and the
environment where things are always moving. Those motor boats are the
worst
for seasickness, though, as they roll and pitch and corkscrew. (Sailboats
are quite a bit more steady and civilized because the sail dampens the
motion.) Add diesel fumes to the mix and a maggot would probably want to
hurl, so don't feel bad. LOL!

Heh... now I feel bad for maggots!

I don't feel badly for Bruce at all. LOL!

snip

Well, my heart is actually in great shape as I slam it up to max BPMs each
and every week several times when training on my bike. When competing in
individual time trials I run it at 95-100 percent for the most part of
23-some-odd minutes for a 16K course. It could, no doubt, stand the
ecstasy
but, considering I am old enough to be your father, I doubt the
opportunity
would ever arise. :-(

I would not want to take a chance... what if you died! I'd have to
sail the boat by myself. Yikes!! :-) Hey, that might be an easy way to
get a new boat. What are you doing next Saturday? lol

If I died, I would have smile on my face, at least. LOL! You could learn to
sail the boat well enough to arrive at a destination in just a couple of
days. The basics aren't hard to grasp. It's just the finer points that take
a lot of years of experience.

It's too bad about the large age difference as I can tell we are kindred
spirits and I find you extremely attractive just from reading your
thoughts.
Seeing your little photos is like icing on the cake. It makes
physical/mental package even more impressive and desirable. You will sure
make some conservative guy who's closer to your own age one fine mate.

That's funny... I feel that way also.. seems like we have the same
basic values, but of course, we've only been chatting a short time. Do
you use myspace by any chance?

Negative. I don't do any of the 'social network' things. Usenet is more my
style where it's slower-paced and one can say something that might have some
socially redeming aspects. A bunch of idle chatter is not very manly, IMO.

Wilbur Hubbard